Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1.1. The following general terms and conditions, hereinafter "Terms and Conditions", apply when using and purchasing via www.affordableluxurys.com. By using www.affordableluxurys.com and/or placing an order, You agree to comply with the Terms.
1.2. Affordable Luxury AB, reg. no. 556938-1980, hereinafter "AL", "Us" or "We", provides e-commerce on the website www.affordableluxurys.com. By placing an order on affordableluxurys.com and subsequently receiving an order confirmation, You, hereinafter "You" or "Buyer", enter into an agreement with AL.
1.3 In order to make a purchase on our website, You must be at least 18 years old and not under guardianship or similar. Purchases made by anyone under the age of 18 or under guardianship will be refused by AL.
1.4 Before placing an order or using the website, please ensure that you have read and understood the meaning of the Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions about the Terms and Conditions, you can contact our customer service at email@example.com for further assistance.
1.5. These general terms and conditions are available in Swedish and English.
1.6. All binding agreements (purchases) made through our website, affordableluxurys.com, are made in English.
1.7. AL is an independent company and does not co-operate with anyone whose brands we sell. AL buys and sells pre-owned products, which means that the products have been used to varying degrees.
2. The conclusion of the contract
2.1 Your shopping basket contains all the information you need to know before the purchase is finalised. In addition to the selected product(s), it shows which delivery options and means of payment AL offers and the total cost of this. All prices are stated including VAT. The price for each individual product is stated separately. The price for the chosen delivery method is stated separately and varies. Delivery time varies and depends on the specific delivery method You have chosen. If you agree to this, click to finalise the purchase. Depending on the payment method You have chosen for Your purchase, You may be redirected to a third party to confirm and finalise the purchase there. If you choose to pay with, for example, Klarna Bank AB ("Klarna"), you will be redirected to Klarna's website and accept Klarna's terms and conditions of payment. In all cases, you will always receive an order confirmation from AL and the agreement between you and AL is deemed to have been entered into when you have received this order confirmation.
2.2 When You pay for Your purchase with a debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.), funds are reserved in direct connection with the purchase.
2.3 A binding agreement has been concluded when You have received an order confirmation from AL.
2.4 You can choose to place an order in logged-in mode or as a guest.
2.5 AL offers the user the opportunity to register and create a customer account at www.affordableluxurys.com. If you choose to register and create a customer account, you will be able to view and follow all purchases and/or sales that you make, receive updates on your order and participate in our loyalty programme*.
* Shortly, AL will offer all customers a loyalty programme, which means, among other things, that you collect points on all your purchases, take part in campaigns, special offers and/or other benefits. The points you earn can later be used as payment for purchases in our store or on www.affordableluxurys.com.
3. Prices and currencies
3.1 All product prices are quoted inclusive of VAT.
3.2 Shipping costs are additional and are always stated separately including VAT.
3.3 All prices are stated in accordance with your chosen currency. The default currency is Swedish kronor (SEK).
3.4 We offer prices in the following currencies: NOK, DKK, EUR, GBP, USD, CHF, AED, HKD, JPY, AUD, NZD, CAD, ILS, PLN, RON LEI, SGD, KRW, MYR RM, HUF FT, ZCK KC and BGN.
4. Payment methods and terms of payment
4.1 AL offers through the third party solution Shopify Payments a variety of payment methods as described below. In connection with Your payment, You accept Shopify Payments' terms and conditions.
4.2 AL reserves the right not to always offer all payment options as described below. AL further reserves the right to change the payment method if the payment method You have chosen does not work at the moment or as a result of any technical problems.
4.3 You can pay with the following valid debit or credit cards through Shopify Payments: Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Maestro, Unionpay, iDeal, and Bancontact.
4.4 Through Klarna, you can choose to pay for your purchase as follows:
Direct payment: The money is reserved in direct connection with the purchase.
After delivery: Invoice or partial payment.
Please note that you enter into a separate agreement with Klarna when you choose to use Klarna's payment services and it is Klarna itself that conducts credit checks to assess the Buyer's creditworthiness. For all questions related to your payment via Klarna, please contact Klarna's customer service.
Klarna's services can currently be used in the following countries: Sweden, Austria and Germany.
4.5 By choosing to pay by bank transfer, You pay directly from Your bank using the tools Your bank offers.
4.6 Through the Express Checkout you can pay using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Shop Pay.
4.7 You can at any time choose to pay for your purchase by a bank transfer directly to AL's bank account, 274-7699. When making a bank transfer, you must state your full name and the item number of the product so that the payment can be traced to you.
4.8 It is currently only possible to pay with gift cards purchased on www.affordableluxurys.com and thus not gift cards purchased in our store. However, we will soon offer the latter option as well.
4.9 When you sell one (or more) items to AL and choose to receive payment for the sale by trade-in, you will receive a credit note that you can use for all or part of a purchase. At the moment, the credit note can only be used to pay for purchases made in our physical store. Soon we will also offer this for purchases at www.affordableluxurys.com.
5.1 AL administers and packs your order every weekday. We always endeavour to have your order ready for delivery within 48 hours of the order being placed (counting from the next working day). In some cases, however, deviations may occur. If a deviation occurs, you will be informed within a reasonable time by phone, email or text message. You will always receive a message when your order is ready for collection in AL's store or a tracking link (by text message or email) when the order has left AL's warehouse. If you have a registered customer account, you can also track your order there. If you have registered a customer account on affordableluxurys.com, you can follow the entire journey of your order from the moment the order is placed until it reaches you.
The countries AL delivers to
5.2 In addition to Sweden, AL delivers to the Nordic countries, the rest of the EU and most of the rest of the world. For a specification of the countries to which AL delivers, please see the information in connection with check out.
PostNord and DHL Express
5.3 AL currently offers delivery with PostNord and DHL Express.
5.4 The following delivery options are offered:
- To a postal agent
- Home delivery (either to the property line/outside the apartment door or against signature)
- Store pick-up (the order is picked up from our store)
5.5 Sweden: Standard shipping is normally within 2-4 business days. Express shipping is normally within 1-2 business days.
5.6 Other Nordic countries and EU: Standard shipping within the Nordic countries and the rest of the EU is normally 5-7 business days. Express shipping is normally within 1-3 business days.
5.7 Rest of the world: Standard shipping within the rest of the world is normally 7-10 business days. Express shipping is normally within 3 business days.
Shipping cost within Sweden
5.8 The following cost for shipping within Sweden applies:
- Standard: For purchases up to SEK 9,999, the shipping cost is SEK 99.
- Standard medium: For purchases from SEK 10,000 up to SEK 19,999, the shipping cost amounts to SEK 149.
- Standard large: For purchases from SEK 20,000 up to SEK 29,999, the shipping cost is SEK 199.
- DHL Express: For purchases from SEK 30,000 up to SEK 49,999, the cost is SEK 599.
- DHL Express Large: For purchases from SEK 50,000 up to SEK 89,999, the cost is SEK 899.
Responsibility for the goods during transport
5.9 AL is responsible for the parcel until you have received it. The parcel is considered to have been received by you when the parcel is handed over to a delivery point, received personally (against a signature) by you or dropped off at the property boundary/apartment door. When the parcel is handed over as above, the risk of the goods passes to you.
Shipping costs within the EU
5.10 The following cost for shipping within the EU applies:
- Standard: For purchases up to SEK 9,999, the shipping cost is SEK 159.
- Standard small: For purchases from SEK 10,000 up to SEK 19,999, the shipping cost amounts to SEK 249.
- Standard medium: For purchases from SEK 20,000 up to SEK 39,999, the shipping cost is SEK 450.
- Standard large: For purchases from SEK 40,000 up to SEK 59,999, the shipping cost is SEK 700.
- DHL Express: For purchases from SEK 60,000 up to SEK 100,000, the shipping cost is SEK 1,200.
Please note that the shipping cost may vary depending on the country to which delivery is made and, in addition, the weight of the shipment, cost of goods and the chosen delivery method. For more information, please refer to the information in connection with check out.
Shipping costs for the rest of the world
5.11 The following cost for shipping within the rest of the world applies:
- DHL Express standard: For purchases up to SEK 19,999, the shipping cost amounts to SEK 700.
- DHL Express Small: For purchases from SEK 20,000 up to SEK 29,999, the shipping cost amounts to SEK 850.
- DHL Express Medium: For purchases from SEK 30,000 up to SEK 50,000, the shipping cost is SEK 1,300.
- DHL Express Large: For purchases from 40 000 SEK up to 60 000 SEK, the shipping cost is 1 200 SEK.
Please note that the shipping cost may vary depending on the country to which the delivery is made and, in addition, the weight of the shipment, the cost of goods and the chosen delivery method. For further information, please refer to the information in connection with check out.
5.12 All orders can be picked up in AL's store free of charge. You will always be notified by text message or email when your order is ready for collection. Bring a valid ID and show your order confirmation at the checkout. If a courier is collecting the order, the courier must present both IDs and sign that the order has been collected using Bank-ID. If you have chosen store pick-up as an option, the order must be collected within 72 hours of AL sending you a message that the order is ready for collection.
Fee for unredeemed or uncollected parcels
5.13 All packages that remain undelivered or uncollected are charged to the Buyer with SEK 699 within Sweden, SEK 1599 within the EU and SEK 1999 for the rest of the world. Other costs associated with the purchase, such as customs and import costs that may arise, are paid by the Buyer alone.
Customs and taxes when importing goods outside the EU
5.14 Please note that the shipping cost charged to you by AL does not include any customs duties and taxes that may apply in the non-EU country to which the products are delivered. Customs duties and other taxes are added when importing products to third countries and are governed by the relevant authority in each country. It is the Buyer's sole responsibility to check whether the product may be imported and, if so, what additional costs for importing products outside the EU may be incurred. In the event that the customs authority in the country in question for some reason denies the import of Your order, You as a buyer are obliged to reimburse AL for the costs incurred as a result of this.
6. Changes or cancellations and their costs
6.1 If for any reason you wish to exchange a product for another, this may be possible under certain conditions as set out below.
Changing or correcting an order
6.2 After receiving an order confirmation, an order can be changed or corrected until the product has left AL's warehouse.
Cancellation of an order
6.3 If, in direct connection with your order, you no longer wish to complete the purchase, you must notify AL immediately. If the order has not left AL's warehouse, the order will be cancelled. An administrative cost of SEK 199 will be charged for all cancellations. If the order has left AL's warehouse, the same rules and costs apply as for a regular return, see more under point 13.
7. Product information
7.1 All goods sold on affordableluxurys.com are second hand. The condition of the goods therefore varies and the description and pictures of the goods are approved by You by completing a purchase on www.affordableluxurys.com. The goods are therefore sold as is. Existing condition means that the goods have previously been used to varying degrees. By accepting and completing the purchase, you confirm that you are aware of the aforementioned and have approved/accepted this and the following.
7.2 Each individual product has an associated product page, which contains information related to the product. In addition to the brand name, brand model and any size, the product's condition and, to varying degrees, its characteristics are shown. Characteristics include colour, material, dimensions, and whether any original accessories are missing or included, and if so, which ones. Each product is accompanied by a prefix which explains the meaning of the designation as regards the condition of the product. In the event that any additional characteristics regarding the condition of the product need to be clarified, this is stated under the "condition" tab on the product page of each product.
7.3 For each product there is also an associated image series. Our images are never retouched but reproduce the product faithfully. However, the aforementioned does not mean that we provide any guarantee that all images in all cases reflect the actual colour etc. of the product one hundred percent. Some differences in colour etc. may also occur depending on your computer or mobile device's resolution, internet connection and screen.
7.4 Many of our products are made from different kind of leathers. Leather is a living material and therefore creases and scratches may naturally occur in the leather.
7.5 AL is not responsible for any pictorial or typographical errors (such as price, condition, etc.) on affordableluxurys.com. In the event of any such errors, AL reserves the right to correct and update the information on the website afterwards. In the event that an incorrect price has been indicated for a product ordered by You by mistake, due to a technical error or similar, AL is entitled to correct and update the incorrect price and then notify You of the error and await Your approval of the correction before dispatching or delivering the order. If You are unsure about anything relating to the condition, size, price or similar of a specific product, We always recommend that You visit our shop in the first instance where You will be given the opportunity to see the product. If you are not able to visit us, you can contact our customer service at any time for further assistance.
8.1 In the event that AL offers campaigns or other offers on www.affordableluxurys.com and the terms of the campaign in question are in any part more favourable than the General Terms and Conditions (for example, reduced prices), the terms of the campaign apply only in the part and according to the time according to which the campaign is running. At the end of the campaign, these Terms and Conditions apply as usual. The other relevant parts of the Terms and Conditions also apply mutatis mutandis to the campaign.
9.1 It is of the utmost importance to AL that you as a customer are satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you do not want to keep a product, you have the right to use the statutory right of cancellation of 14 days. You do not need to give any reason. Please note that the right of return only applies to buyers within the EU. Buyers outside the EU have no right of cancellation.
9.2 For a return to be approved, the following is required:
- Notify us by e-mail that you wish to make a return. Always state your order number and preferably the reason for the return. Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the Swedish Consumer Agency's return form.
- The product must be in a completely unchanged condition. This means that the product must be in the same condition as when it was received by you.
- All seals and our price label attached to the product must remain where they were originally attached. The receipt also shows where one or more seals are attached to the product.
- All accompanying accessories, when included, such as dustbag, box or original receipt and other documents, must be returned together with the respective item and our receipt and be in the same condition as when received by you.
- The right of return starts from the day you received the item(s).
- You will receive a return shipping label from us. You can also make a return directly in our physical store at Grev Turegatan 9, 114 46 Stockholm. In the case of returns, you are responsible for both the original shipping cost and the return shipping cost. The return shipping cost cannot be determined in advance as the shipping cost differs depending on the delivery option you have chosen. In the case of returns (regardless of whether the return takes place in our store or the item is shipped), you will also be charged an overhead fee that amounts to SEK 399 per item in Sweden and SEK 1,500 in the EU.
- When the return is received by AL, a final inspection of the product(s) is carried out. If and when the return is approved by AL, the order will be credited. A refund will then be made, normally within 14 days, using the same payment method as you used for the purchase.
- Purchases made on www.affordableluxury.com with the delivery option store pick-up are not covered by any right of return. If you want the right of return to apply even in these cases, you must notify AL in connection with your order so that AL can seal and pack the products before collection.
10. Guarantee of authenticity
10.1 AL guarantees that all products are authentic. If you object that the purchased product is not authentic, the following applies.
- Contact us, either by e-mail at email@example.com or by visiting Our store and state the reason.
- You must be able to prove through a receipt or order confirmation that the product was purchased from AL.
- All products sold by www.affordableluxurys.com are documented in various ways, partly with all information regarding the properties and characteristics of the product, partly through product images.
- If our guarantee is not considered sufficient for the Buyer, the product in question must be submitted by you to the respective brand's workshop where checks are carried out. You are responsible for the cost of this. In the event that a product is found not to be authentic, you will be notified. AL does not accept statements on the authenticity of a product by anyone other than the respective brand's own experts. This means that any opinion given by someone other than the brand's own experts will not be taken into account.
11. Complaints (EU-buyers only)
11.1 According to Konsumentköplagen (2022:260), you as a consumer have the right to complain about a purchase within a certain time if the product proves to be faulty (felaktig). The fault must be original and thus have existed at the time of purchase (it can be discovered afterwards). The main rule is that from the time a fault is discovered, you must make a complaint within a reasonable period of time. Reasonable time means about two (2) months. Faults discovered within three (3) years from the date of purchase are grounds for complaint.
The products are sold as-is. As-is means that the product has previously been used to varying degrees. By accepting and completing the purchase, you confirm that you are aware of the above and have approved/accepted this and the following.
If you still consider a product to be faulty, this should be complained about by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly in our store. Enter your full details, including receipt and/or order number and a description of the fault. You can then choose to return the product directly to the shop or have it delivered to AL free of charge.
If a fault is deemed to have existed at the time of purchase, AL is primarily entitled to try to remedy the fault. Remedying a fault means, for example, that AL hands in the goods for repair and bears the cost of this. A remedy can only be carried out by the respective brand's own workshop. The time required for a repair is approximately six (6) months, but it may take longer. AL cannot influence how long each brand's workshop needs to fix the fault.
If for some reason it is not possible to remedy the fault, AL will instead try to make a replacement delivery, i.e. offer you a new product corresponding to the faulty one or a price reduction corresponding to the fault/defect.
Ultimately, a refund corresponding to the original purchase amount will be made. In these cases, the purchase is considered to have been cancelled.
If AL and you agree on a price reduction or a full refund, payment will be made within 14 days. Refunds are made by the same payment method used at the time of purchase.
All products sold on affordableluxurys.com and in our physical store are pre-owned. The condition of the products therefore varies and the description and pictures of the goods are approved by you by completing a purchase on www.affordableluxurys.com. The products are thus sold as-is. As-is means that the product have previously been used to varying degrees. By accepting and completing the purchase, you confirm that you are aware of the aforementioned and have approved/accepted the Terms and Conditions.
Please note that it must be question of original fault that AL has not informed you of and that you have not approved. The fact that an item that is used/second hand has different degrees of normal faults or other defects that you can discover yourself during an examination and/or are informed of does not constitute a fault or defect. When you buy a product in our flagship store, you have the opportunity to examine the product. In addition, you sign the purchase document (receipt) and accept the condition of the product. The receipt, together with the product label and our verbal information, contains a summary description of the condition of the product that you accept in connection with your purchase. You thus accept all possible deviations, shortcomings and errors that are submitted.
If, for any reason, a product has been submitted by you to an unauthorised party and/or if any part of the product has been replaced, added or modified, your right of complaint lapses completely.
12. Force Majeure
12.1 AL shall be exempt from fulfilling its obligations in connection with a purchase if the failure is due to an exempting circumstance as described below and the circumstance prevents, impedes or delays fulfilment. An excusing circumstance means, inter alia:
- an act, decision or omission of a public authority
- new or amended legislation
- conflicts in the labour market
- terrorist attack, blockade, fire, sabotage, flood, major accident or other natural disaster.
- abnormal market downturn and if the AL is subject to unlawful activity affecting its operations.
12.2 AL is exempt from liability for damages and other penalties due to Force Majeure.
13. Amendment of the Terms and Conditions
13.1 AL reserves the right to change and/or adjust the Terms and Conditions at any time. The Terms and Conditions in force at the time of Your purchase apply to the specific purchase. You are responsible for checking the Terms and Conditions each time you use www.affordableluxurys.com and for each purchase.
14. Personal data
You can decide yourself, in connection with your visit to www.affordableluxurys.com, which cookies you want to allow to be used on the website. However, some cookies must be allowed in order for you to use the website.
16. Alternative dispute resolution (EU-buyers only)
16.1 If you are dissatisfied with your purchase and AL's handling of the matter and a dispute thus arises, you may turn to a competent board through an alternative dispute procedure. You can turn to the Allmänna reklamationsnämnden (ARN), Box 174, 101 23 Stockholm or www.arn.se or to the European Commission's platform, http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. Only applies to citizens within the EU.
17. Choice of law and jurisdiction
17.1 Any disputes arising from the Terms shall be settled in accordance with Swedish law by the Stockholm District Court as the first instance.
Affordable Luxury AB
Grev Turegatan 9
114 46 Stockholm
08-588 969 97
Moms reg.nr.: SE556938-1980-01
Last Updated: Dec 21st 2023